Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mustardy Yellow... OR Ocean Breeze Blue

I bought these bar stools off of KSL a couple months ago... I realize that we do not have our own place, and that we are living with my parentals, but me being me, I could not resist the perfectness of these stools! When I bought them, the only good thing about them was their flawless shape. I knew I needed to paint them and reupholster. So now that the reupholstering is done, I need to pick a color to paint! What would you do?

BEFORE

MIDDLE PROCESS

5 comments:

  1. I love the color mustard yellow, but with the stripes it might look beeish? I dunno, Yellow is so warm and inviting and is definately my favorite color, I feel like its the "safe" color, ocean blue would definately stand out, and be different but I think yellow is a good year round color overall. Im too shy when it comes to color I actually love that they are black, I would put a wash of color over it and make them look distressed while still keeping some of the black. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally know what you're saying... I love mustard yellow, I'd probably make it a little deeper to get away from the "bee" effect. I already have blue benches, so I'm leaner more towards yellow to be honest... I loved that they were black when I first bought them, but know I just feel like I need to paint them. Maybe I should just do pink and get it over with. hahaha. Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! I say Mustard!! That color makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE the stripe! I'm obsessed with mustard yellow, but either will look awesome! Can't wait to see the final pic! We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx! I know we miss you too! Hope things are going well out there!

    ReplyDelete