Monday, December 28, 2009

Our First Ultra Sound @ 20 Weeks!





Can I just start this off by saying I love my Dr. & his practice? They are awesome!! It's so cool going to the Dr. & everyone remembers my name, even the nurses that don't work with me. I just love their friendly staff, thanks for the great advise Diana!

This was so fun for us to be able to see our sweet little guy & to hear his heartbeat. It became real for us all of the sudden. This was also where we found out I had a little something called Placenta Previa... Goody gum drops. Pretty much your placenta can latch on any old place in your uterus, and mine decided to place itself right on top of my cervix. The problem with this is, you cannot deliver your placenta before the baby. It's very dangerous & could end up killing me or the baby or both, not good. So my Dr. told me we would have to have C-Section. This didn't completely devastate me, I just knew we had to do whatever was safest for the baby & me. My Dr. helped me to feel comfortable with the process & we were good to go! He didn't seem very confident that my placenta would move out of the way, although it is possible as your tummy grows for it to move... Well at my last appt. @ 32 weeks, we had another ultra sound, the technitian then caught Aaron & I completely off guard by telling us my placenta had MOVED all of the way out of the way! Amazing!! My Dr. called me a Christmas Miracle, :). I plan on having a traditional vaginal birth with some drugs of course. :) What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment